Fall has arrived! The weather is changing, the leaves become more colorful, and the holidays are right around the corner. Things like pumpkin flavored everything, trips to a pumpkin patch, and football make you want to embrace this time of year. Taking time to give your lawn a little TLC and adding some seasonally themed decorations will give your lawn that festive fall look and enhance your home exterior.
LAWN AND LANDSCAPE CARE
Taking the time to care for your lawn in the fall months will keep your yard in good health and will be helpful for upcoming seasons.
- PULL WEEDS: Doing this now will help reduce the amount of weeds you’ll have next season.
- RAKE/REMOVE LEAVES: This step not only makes your yard look clean, it also helps to avoid damage to your grass for a healthier lawn next summer.
- SEED AND FERTILIZE: Fall months are the best time to do this after the summer heat has passed and before the cool winter months arrive.
- GRASS: During fall months try to keep grass 2-2 ½ in. tall. Cutting grass too short or allowing grass to grow longer can lead to a variety of problems for your lawn.
- TREES/SHRUBS: After leaves on the trees drop, make sure to give your trees and shrubs a deep watering.
After you have given your lawn the TLC it needs for the fall months, it’s time to decorate!!
We decorate and add our personal touch to the inside of our homes, so why not do the same to the exterior? Welcome your guests and wow your neighbors with fun and creative fall inspired decorations.
- Create a Mumpkin- a creative way to pair two of the most well known fall items- pumpkins and mums.
- Pumpkins- Stray away from the “Norm” and decorate with pumpkins that aren’t orange. Using a variety of colors and sizes will add a unique look to your fall theme. You can arrange these pumpkins using various locations in your landscape. Flower beds, under trees, on the front porch, or around water features are great areas to add your pumpkins.
- Autumn Wreath- Welcome your guests with a beautiful wreath on the front door.
- Hay Bales- These are great focal points for outdoor decorating. To avoid damage to your grass, try to have the hay bale elevated if possible.
- Word Blocks- A very personal touch to your outdoor decor. Using a word block with your name on it or a quote that incorporates the season will pair nicely with your outdoor fall decor.
- Football Themed Lawn Decorations- Celebrate fall and football season by supporting your team! There’s a variety of lawn decorations that can be purchased with your team logo on it. Items such as flags, yard gnomes, tiki totems, yard signs, or engraved rocks are a great way to show your team spirit and excitement for football season this fall.
For more information on how to decorate your lawn to give it a unique curb appeal this fall and for helpful tips to maintain a healthy lawn this fall check out: